First of all, how cute is my little guy in his Halloween pajamas?? (Thanks Julie!)
Tonight we decided to head out once Chris got home from work to do some preparatory shopping for the Ludwigs' 1st Annual Oktoberfest, which is this Saturday! The big news around Greenville is that we got a new Trader Joe's grocery store. I had heard so many great things about this place that I wanted to check it out. It first opened this past weekend, and Chris and I drove by as we headed somewhere else and it was slam-packed. So, we figured that a Tuesday night might be a better time to stop by. Well, we stopped by. And....meh. It's a really small grocery store, with limited variety, very loud music, and an extremely annoying bell that apparently is rung every time a "1st time customer" checks out. (Wait a minute - they didn't ring the bell for us!) Other than the brand new shiny red shopping carts, we didn't see anything special about this place whatsoever and I doubt we'll be back. I do wish someone would explain to me what the fascination is with this place. Official Ludwig review: a big fat NO to Trader Joe.
Next we headed over to Whole Foods. Much more success there - Chris found some goodies he liked in the German aisle. I definitely found some gelato and truffles I liked, but I refrained....
We rounded out our shopping adventure at Sam's Club. After all was said and done, we had really stocked up on some awesome food for Oktoberfest: brats, pretzels, potato salad, radishes, sauerkraut, meat for meat salad, ingredients for noodle salad, etc....it's going to be great!!
No comments:
Post a Comment